A special and heartfelt “Thank You” to our Challenge! 2021 leaders Carolyn Belt and Bunny Creasy!
2021 Monthly Themes and Meeting Dates
|Month||Theme||Zoom Meeting Date||Photos Due|
|January||New Year for All….what does it look like?||Jan 25 @ 1:00 PM||Jan 22|
|February||Draw or paint Faith||Feb 22 @ 1:00 PM||Feb 19|
|March||Hint of Spring …what is popping up….budding out?||March 22 @ 1:00 PM||March 19|
|April||Color Mix||April 22 @ 1:00 PM||April 19|
|May||How do Rain Drops fall on flowers or other surfaces ?||May 24 @ 1:00 PM||May 21|
|June||Birds of a Feather||June 28 @ 1:00 PM||June 25|
|July||How does Sun Shine on things you love?||July 26 @ 1:00 PM||July 23|
|September||Quiet Valley, real or imaginary||September 27 @ 1:00 PM||N/A|
|October||Favorite Book from your childhood, reading to your children, or even a current read.|
How It Works
Through July 2021, our Challenge! art show will be held by Zoom:
- Above is a list of the Challenge! themes for this year.
- Each month, we invite you to create a water-media art tied to that month’s theme.
- Take a photo of your art using your phone or tablet and email the photo to our CVWG Webmaster, Mark Fitzpatrick, by the “Photo Due” deadline for each month.
- We’ll be sending an email inviting all members to a Zoom meeting so everyone can see each others’ work.
- We invite all Friends and Followers to participate. Simply send an email to our CVWG Webmaster and we’ll add you to the meeting invitation.
- Using a computer, smart phone, or tablet, join our Challenge! meeting by Zoom.
- At the Zoom meeting, our host will share each submitted work and will call upon the artist to talk briefly about the work, inspiration, etc.
- The host will allow interactions with the artists as time allows.
In order to join Zoom meetings, you have to enroll in their service. Joining Zoom is free of charge and quickly done by following Zoom’s instructions at this link. Contact our webmaster if you need assistance.
Starting on September 27, our Challenge! show will be part of the in-person Guild meeting at the 4th Monday of each month at 1:00 PM.