A reminder that Central Virginia Watercolor Guild is found online at www.CVWG.art.
Guild Meetings are Resuming in September 2021
After careful consideration, your Central Virginia Watercolor Guild Board of Directors have decided to resume our monthly in-person meetings starting on September 27 at 1:00 PM. Set the date on your calendars and plan to join your fellow member-artists then.
CVWG Exhibit at The Center Ends on July30
Our exhibition at The Center continues until July 30. Congratulations to Patty Richmond who sold a painting in June. Please come and bring a friend to see our member show on the second floor and also to view the paintings of nationally acclaimed artist, Fred Nichols, on the first floor. The Center hours are M-F 8:30 to 4:00. You can also plan to enjoy refreshments and lunch at Greenberry’s until 2:00 each day.
CVWG’s Challenge! Show in June
Our June Challenge! featured the following 14 paintings from 13 member-artists at our “show”. June’s theme was “Birds of a Feather“. The painting at the top of this post, “Harbinger of Winter” by Adella Langham, was also a painting in the show.
A reminder and preview that our July Challenge! is scheduled:
- The theme is “Sun Shine“;
- Send a photo of your creation along with title to CVWG’s Webmaster by the entry deadline of Friday, July 23;
- Join the “Challenge! by Zoom” meeting at 1:00 PM on Monday, July 26 where the works will be shared in full-screen and the artists will share their “stories”.
- All Guild members will get an invitation to the Challenge! by Zoom” meeting on the morning of the Zoom call. Friends and Followers of our Guild are welcome to show your painting and/or attend our Zoom meeting but you must send an email to our CVWG Webmaster to be included.
Challenge! Shows are Changing!
Our CVWG Challenge! shows are adapting to our changing lives:
- As indicated above, the July show will be by Zoom at 1:00 PM on Monday, July 26. This will be the final Challenge! by Zoom.
- There will not be a Challenge! in August due to conflicts with schedules and availability of key people to host.
- Our Challenge! shows will resume at our monthly in-person Guild meetings starting September 27. Your Challenge! committee leaders, Bunny Creasy and Carolyn Belt, will host.
Matting and Framing Your Art for Exhibitions
Member-artist Linda Verhagen has written some useful guidelines for preparing your art to hang in exhibitions. You can read her guidelines or download them for future reference by clicking on this link.
Call for Entries– Art Guild of Greene
The Art Guild of Greene (County) has issued a Call for Entries to its annual Paint the Towne Green Plein Air Event scheduled for this October 2. The deadline for entry is September 25 following the guidelines set on the website linked above.
Member Chee Ricketts sent in the following news about another Guild member:
Member-artist Brenda Hounshell recently received the BEST IN SHOW award at the Virginia Watercolor Society’s Annual Juried Exhibition that is currently on display at the Arts and Culture Center in Portsmouth, VA. This prestigious award comes with a $1500 check, but more importantly it signifies the exceptional quality of Brenda’s work.
Nationally acclaimed juror Linda Baker selected 89 paintings by Virginia artists from nearly 500 submitted. Other CVWG members whose paintings were accepted into the show are VWS Signature members Karen Anderson Schwartz, Trish Crowe, Don Whitson, and Chee Ricketts. The show will be on display until mid- September, although all selected images are posted on line and can be accessed by going to the VWS website: www.virginiawatercolorsociety.org and selecting the 2021 Exhibition.
Please Share Your Activities!
We invite you to share any aspect of the artistic “you” with us…activities, muses, workshops, travel, etc. We are also always looking for ways to feature our member artists’ work and invite you to be featured in one of our periodic Featured Member Artist profiles. Simply contact the CVWG Webmaster.